+ (52) 33 3001-6060
Litigation lawyer with experience working with large domestic companies in areas related to tax and administrative litigation, as well as institutionalized immigration issues.
Silvia works on a wide range of projects including, litigation, tax and corporate immigration issues.
Her practice focuses on tax, administrative and constitutional litigation and counseling before Federal and Local Courts or before State Secretariats and other government dependences, through filing the corresponding lawsuits, administrative appeals or Amparos, as well as the attention of controversies regarding State activity, in the three spheres of government: Federal, State and Municipal, from the initial challenge of new laws, regulations and general rules, until their application by the corresponding administrative authorities.
An important part of her professional practice includes all matters related to counseling and planning corporate immigration matters, she is dedicated proactively to solve migratory issues, as well as to offer efficient solutions including everything related to processing and obtaining the legal condition in Mexico in all its stages, intervening from the beginning of any process, until its culmination with the delivery of the immigration document that authorizes the legal condition stay of the foreigner in the country, in representation of multinational companies hiring key foreign personnel for their Mexican projects.
Some representative transactions include:
- Administrative litigations challenging and prevailing on several unlawful resolutions issued by a Federal Authority supervising the tuna industry in Mexico.
- Legal advice on immigration matters associated to foreign nationals from the U.S., India, China and Brazil.
- Legal advice and defense regarding new reforms, laws, regulations or general rules that affect the legal rights of individuals or companies.
Responsibilities within the Firm
- Associate and Team Leader of the corporate-immigration area.
- Associate of the customs and tax litigation area.
- Associate of the constitutional and administrative litigation area.
Universidad de Guadalajara, Jalisco.
Specialization in Procedural and Tax Law.
Instituto de Enseñanza Practica del Derecho y Confederación Patronal de la República Mexicana (COPARMEX) Guadalajara City.
Certificate in civil procedural law and legal argumentation.
Supreme Court of the State of Jalisco.
Certification in Personnel Management and collection techniques.
The Freadman Group, Financial Group Banamex and City Group Inc. Mexico City.