+ (52) 33 3001-6060
Real estate and infrastructure, corporate and transactional. Rodrigo has 20 years of experience working with international companies and individuals with businesses in Mexico in transactions involving real estate financing, acquisitions and development, working for both developers and lenders, corporate transactions and contracts, and legal matters related to wealth management and family offices.
Rodrigo has represented and currently works with the leading developers of industrial and retail real property in Mexico, along with companies from the US, Canada, the Netherlands, Spain, France and Germany with business operations in Mexico.
Rodrigo represents a number of Mexican and multinational companies with business operations in Mexico, including developers and lenders of real estate projects of public infrastructure, industrial parks and retail and offices developments, manufacturing companies on a number of industries, such as electronic, automotive and aerospace. Also, Rodrigo represents and in some cases acts as secretary of companies or investment committees of family offices in Mexico.
Some representative transactions include:
- Legal advice in the execution of special investments vehicles, work-outs and other real-estate and asset-based transactions, including investment, guaranty and administration trusts, incorporation of joint ventures (shareholder agreements, SAPI’s) about a real-estate portfolio of an institutional private equity fund.
- Representation of developers on the sale of commercial malls and mixed projects to investment funds and FIBRAS in cities such as Querétaro, Hermosillo, Guadalajara and Monterrey.
- Acts as Secretary of the CCDVentures Trust of the Ciudad Creativa Digital Project of the Government of the state of Jalisco, Mexico.
- Legal advice to family offices structures by means of own legal vehicles or investments into private equity funds, related to real estate developments or venture capital investments in technology companies and start-ups in Guadalajara and Monterrey. Legal counseling on relations among shareholders, investors and family members.
- Legal advice to a number of family offices in Guadalajara and Monterrey, related to wealth management and succession planning and to investments.
Responsibilities within the Firm
- Managing partner of the Firm.
- Co-Leader of the Corporate and Transactional Practice.
Rodrigo graduated from the School of Law of the Universidad Panamericana, Guadalajara (2000), with honors and the National Chamber of Commerce awarded him the “Premio Mariano Otero” for his professional thesis.
Notre Dame University, London Centre. Postgraduate studies in international law.
Universidad Panamericana, Mexico City Campus. Post-graduate studies in Commercial Law.