+ (52) (1) 3316-045728
Corporate, business and transactional lawyer with over 20 years of experience working with international companies and entrepreneurs with businesses in Mexico in areas related to corporate, M&A and business law, contracts, credits and finance, industrial and commercial real estate and corporate immigration.
Carlos actively works for companies from the U.S., U.K. Italy, Spain, Israel and India.
Representation of international companies with businesses in Mexico, including boutique investment funds and investment banks. Corporate counsel to multinational manufacturing and financial companies operating in Mexico, especially on areas related to corporate, business and commercial law.
Carlos actively participates as counsel to companies looking to purchase or sell property and assets in Mexico, as well as providing advice and supervision to a wide range of legal affairs related to compliance with Authorities and commercial litigation.
Some representative transactions include:
- Legal advice in the execution of special investments vehicles, work-outs and other real-estate and asset-based transactions, including investment, guaranty and administration trusts, incorporation of joint ventures (shareholder agreements, SAPI’s) related to a real-estate portfolio of an institutional private equity fund.
- Representation of several financial and non-financial institutions in legal matters related with their investment portfolio in Mexico, including setup, business contracts and compliance before the Authorities (CONDUSEF and CNBV).
- Representation and legal counsel on maritime-related matters, fishing and commercial aquaculture on behalf of a global tuna company. Relations with regulatory domestic and international Authorities, compliance with the Federal Government and transactions involving Federal commercial aquaculture concessions and asset-based lending.
- Legal advice and supervision of commercial litigations involving asset-backed debt and shareholders’ disputes before Federal Courts, as well as supervision of litigation challenging administrative resolutions before Federal courts.
- Legal advice in the structuring and implementation of several family offices projects, working on the incorporation of special purposes vehicles, business relations among investors and agreements to secure investments in diverse commercial, touristic and residential developments located in Guadalajara, Mexico City, Tijuana, Puebla, Querétaro, Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, Acapulco and Ixtapa.
- Representation and legal counseling to manufacturing companies and entrepreneurs in operating businesses in the plastics and textile, electronics and IT industries and global financial services, also serving as legal counsel on corporate affairs and compliance with Authorities.
- Representation of several commercial companies in negotiating the creation and implementation of Mexican Official Standards for commercial purposes.
- Legal advice on corporate immigration matters associated to foreign nationals hired by global companies transiting from the U.S., Canada, Colombia, Spain, Venezuela, India, Rumania and China with business activities and legal affairs in Mexico. Procurement of permits and Government relations for special projects.
Responsibilities within the Firm
- Co-Leader of the Corporate, Transactional and real-estate Practice.
- Team Leader of the corporate-immigration practice.
- In charge of the marketing and business development projects of DiazIgareda.
- DiazIgareda’s main contact with LawExchange.org
LL.M. Level Certificate on Energy Law
Specialization in Finance Law
Universidad Panamericana. Mexico City.
Law Degree (JD)
Universidad Panamericana. Guadalajara, Jalisco.